Photos of Vending Machine Tattoo Replicas, and Photos of Motorcycle Maintenance  (October 14, 2008)


(Click on any of the thumbnails below to view the full-sized photo.)


Laurie modeling a replica tattoo we got at the bowling alley out of a vending machine for 50 cents ...

pic_0596.jpg (2374764 bytes) pic_0597.jpg (1731055 bytes) pic_0598.jpg (2406472 bytes) pic_0599.jpg (2017875 bytes) pic_0600.jpg (1849996 bytes)

The start of any good motorcycle maintenance is a Diet Mountain Dew ...

pic_0601.jpg (586444 bytes)

Photos of my old and new air filter.  The replacement element is on the order of $30 from from Honda ... interesting how it is packaged in a complex piece of plastic rather than being a simpler design ... I think my car air filter is under $10.  There is some gasoline on my air filter cover: I believe this is due to bored strangers twisting the throttle on my motorcycle when I'm not around and causing the carburetor to dispense gasoline out one of the jets near the air inlet.

pic_0602.jpg (1901985 bytes) pic_0603.jpg (1703830 bytes) pic_0604.jpg (2545233 bytes) pic_0605.jpg (2365953 bytes) pic_0606.jpg (2231792 bytes) pic_0607.jpg (2453782 bytes) pic_0608.jpg (2198373 bytes) pic_0610.jpg (2175103 bytes) pic_0611.jpg (2340707 bytes)

The drive sprocket, cover, and related hardware.  During the process of replacing the drive sprocket I did discover and correct a loose pinch bolt in my gearshift linkage.  I'm not as sloppy with the Loctite as one of the photos would suggest.  I've found that the paste stuff (as opposed to the liquid) is difficult to handle—hard to get 360 degrees of it on the threads without overapplying.  In this case, the liquid would have been easier for me.

pic_0612.jpg (1983568 bytes) pic_0613.jpg (1703903 bytes) pic_0614.jpg (1812107 bytes) pic_0615.jpg (2071544 bytes) pic_0616.jpg (854922 bytes) pic_0617.jpg (560632 bytes) pic_0618.jpg (761730 bytes) pic_0619.jpg (2402764 bytes) pic_0620.jpg (1640386 bytes) pic_0629.jpg (2261802 bytes)

It was interesting to compare the new drive sprocket against the old.  Note that the teeth of the old sprocket are slightly thinner, especially at the base.  Some material has been lost over time due to the action of the drive chain.

pic_0625.jpg (2123411 bytes) pic_0626.jpg (1981755 bytes) pic_0627.jpg (2259927 bytes) pic_0628.jpg (2208552 bytes)

The motorcycle jacked up.  I have a rear swingarm stand.  It doesn't work well for my model of motorcycle (it is more suited for sportbikes).  One of the issues is that my swingarm angles upward near the back, so the motorcycle tends to want to slide off the stand (hence the tie-wraps).

pic_0621.jpg (1312454 bytes) pic_0622.jpg (1854922 bytes) pic_0623.jpg (2249072 bytes) pic_0624.jpg (2225983 bytes) pic_0630.jpg (2379076 bytes) pic_0631.jpg (1867606 bytes) pic_0632.jpg (2072054 bytes) pic_0636.jpg (1959334 bytes) pic_0637.jpg (2109382 bytes)

My chain-breaking and chain-staking tool, and the old chain.

pic_0633.jpg (1821936 bytes) pic_0634.jpg (2410533 bytes) pic_0635.jpg (2114400 bytes)

The wheel innards.  I was amazed to discover that the driven sprocket is insulated from the wheel by rubber shock dampers.

pic_0638.jpg (2213116 bytes) pic_0639.jpg (2175526 bytes)


Local time on the server (at the time this page was served) is 8:56:31 pm (America/Detroit) on August 25, 2019.  This page required approximately 0.00s (0.00s system, 0.00s user) of CPU time on the server to generate.  This page is maintained by David T. Ashley.